Caribbean Travel Checklist
Even if you’re a veteran at flying into and out of the Caribbean during peak season, here is a quick checklist to help your trips go as your customers/passengers envision:
- Plan ahead, have back-up plans and be flexible.
- Request aircraft parking immediately and provide your flight schedule to ensure a good parking location.
- Arrange for fuel in advance and provide the amount of fuel to be uplifted. Be clear on payment terms and fuel the aircraft upon arrival.
- Book hotels once airplane reservations are confirmed and be aware of cancelation policies.
- Don’t wait. Book ALL transportation with rental car and third-party transportation companies.
- Ensure the proper pet documents are completed—and onboard—for the proper country/island destination.
- Double-check that all customs arrangements— eAPIS/CARICOM—are submitted and approved.
- Catering requests made upon arrival will be too late. Make them now.
- Communicate any special requests — such as passengers connecting to a commuter or charter aircraft, yacht or ferry to another island location—to key parties before departure to the islands.
- Confirm that crew and passengers have all the proper travel documents (like passports and visas, if required) in hand when boarding the aircraft.